Welcome to “Thinking Beyond Ourselves: How To Avoid The Biggest Mistakes Christians Make”
In this breakthrough new Saturday Sit Down with Faye we discuss valuable thinking beyond ourselves issues that will help you to live in God’s will. So if you want to live above the fray (without having to live in discontentment), check out this Saturday Sit Down with Faye!
- Thought #1 – As Believers We Are More Than Here And Now.
- We are part of the Kingdom of God which has and will exist eternally.
- The Holy Spirit lives in us, guiding us, correcting us, teaching us… and He was there at the beginning, before there was light. Scripture says before God spoke the worlds into existence, He knew us. Our plan, our design, our journey was planned and perfected in the mind of Almighty God before He ever said “Let there be light!”
- Thought #2 – What We Do Now Matters In Eternity
- Everything we do now has ramifications for us and others throughout our lives and into eternity
- Our decision to accept Christ as Lord and Savior is of the utmost importance. Living for Him, in His will is part of that.
- Example: the bully in 5th – 9th grade held me captive till age 55
- When we share Jesus with others, their lives and the lives of those they reach will be changed for the best.
- When we don’t share Jesus with others, their lives and the lives of those they could reach may not be changed for the best
- Our choices now matter forever – good or bad. We just need to choose more good.
- Thought #3 – Eternal Thinking Keeps Us Above The Fray
- It is EASY to get bogged down in the situations we see and join in the world’s fear, anxiety, and anger about it all. We can easily add to the noise of the circumstances.
- As believers, we are called to step up above that by thinking eternally.
- What should my response be according to God? As the book “In His Steps” taught, we should think, What Would Jesus Do? (In today’s world, we might add, “What would Jesus post or share?”
- We get to walk with Christ in heavenly places right now, IF we choose to join Him there. He sees all that is going on from a heavenly perspective, from the perspective of the end looking back. If we get noonday-shadow close to Him, we’ll see more of that, too.
- My biggest takeaways for you from this video are:
- We are more than the here and now.
- What we do now matters in eternity.
- Eternal thinking keeps us above the fray.
More Information: To learn more about how you can live in God’s will and live above the fray (without having to live in discontentment), Download my 40-Day devotional, Coffee, Bible, Journal today.
Thanks for Watching! Have some feedback you’d like to share? Please leave a note in the comments section below! If you enjoyed this Saturday Sit Down with Faye on thinking beyond ourselves, please click LIKE and then share it with your friends by using the SHARE button.