New video for every Christian who wants to be healthy – physically, emotionally, and spiritually and defeat sin sickness without having to see a doctor.
Defining Sin Sickness
Describing The Symptoms Of Sin Sickness
Defeating Sin Sickness
Thought #1 – Defining Sin Sickness
Sin-sickness is the disease we’re born with that determines our personality and behavior throughout our lives.
- Webster: an offense against religious or moral law
- 1 John 3:4 Everyone who sins is breaking God’s law, for all sin is contrary to the law of God. (ignoring God’s law by action or neglect or by tolerating wrongdoing, being unrestrained by His commands and His will.)
- Deuteronomy 9:7 never forget how angry you made the Lord…you have been constantly rebelling against Him
- James 4:17 “it is sin to know what you ought to do and then not do it.”
- Ephesians 4:26 “don’t sin by letting anger control you.”
- 1 John 5:17 All wicked actions are sin…”
Thought #2 – Describing The Symptoms Of Sin Sickness
- We think we can be like God
- We put our needs, wants, and desires ahead of God and others
- We become lovers or tolerators of sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambitions, dissention, division, envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and more.
- Sin Sickness makes people mean and hateful.
- Sin Sickness also makes a good Christian mama turn against her innocent daughter.
- Sin Sickness leads a broken and betrayed daughter to take wrong paths and make poor choices.
Thought #3 – Defeating Sin Sickness
First, there is no cure this side of heaven. We have to apply God’s medicine to it daily. We can’t do it alone. We can’t even go a minute without sinning, because we would be putting ourselves in God’s place, so boom… idolatry and self-aggrandizement. (Sheesh!)
RECOGNIZE: we ARE sick with sin. It is part of us, has been since birth.
REALIZE: it’s wrong. It separates us from our Creator, and hurts us and the people around us.
REACT: feel the sorrow this rebellion causes God, the cost of His Son’s life in payment of our sin
RESPOND: Confess (agree with God about our sin) and Repent (turn away from that path). Learn and make better choices. Make some choices ahead of time.
REPEAT: Every day we’re greeted with new mercies from God, but also new attacks of our flesh and the enemy of our souls. We must be ready to begin this process again and again and again.
So, let’s recap what we talked about:
We must be aware of what sin is so we can readily identify it in our lives.
We must examine ourselves to see how sin affects us and others around us. How do we behave and believe?
We must apply God’s medicine to our sin sickness every single day.
The main idea here is that you can be healthy – physically, emotionally, and spiritually without having to see a doctor.
If you’d like to jump start your journey from the sickness of sin to a healthy, maturing Christian walk, sign up for a free, no obligation 30-minute coaching consultation.